No fewer than 13 people have been confirmed dead after an Interoceanic Train carrying 250 people derailed in the southern state of Oaxaca, Mexico.
The Mexican Navy said the train, which derailed near the town of Nizanda, was carrying nine crew members and 241 passengers on Sunday, December 28, 2025.
Of those on board, 139 were reported to be out of danger, while 98 were injured, including 36 who were receiving medical assistance.
President Claudia Sheinbaum said on X that five of the injured were in critical condition, adding that senior officials had been dispatched to the site to assist the families of those killed.
The governor of Oaxaca, Salomon Jara Cruz, expressed condolences to the families of those killed in the accident and said state authorities were coordinating with federal agencies to assist those affected.
Mexico’s Attorney General’s Office has already opened an investigation into the incident, Attorney General Ernestina Godoy Ramos said in a post on social media.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday questioned former Kaduna State governor Nasir El-Rufai…
The Executive Chairman of the Nigeria Revenue Service (NRS), Zacch Adedeji, has stressed that the…
The Federal Government has donated N5 billion to traders affected by the recent fire outbreak…
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Nentawe Yilwatda, has reaffirmed the party’s 60/40…
Nigeria’s telecommunications sector sustained strong performance in the second quarter of 2025, with active voice…
An Ikorodu Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday remanded two men, Timothy James and Moses Orban,…
This website uses cookies.