Categories: CrimesNews

2 die, one injured in Ogun road crash

Two persons have been confirmed dead while one other sustained injury in an accident at Chelsea area on Ota-Idiroko Expressway in Ogun State.

The South-West Area Commander of Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), Adekunle Ajibade, confirmed on Saturday, July 26, 2025.

Ajibade said the accident, which involved a truck and motorcycle, occurred at about 1 p.m on Friday.

Ajibade explained that the accident which happened at Chelsea area inbound Atan, involved four persons.

Lokoja hotel sealed following murder case

He disclosed that a commercial motorcycle lost control due to speeding and rammed into a Howo truck, resulting in the death of two passengers while the rider sustained injury.

“The corpses of the victims have been deposited at Ifo General Hospital, Ogun, while the injured person was taken to Ota General Hospital for treatment,” he said.

Ajibade stated that the truck had been towed off the road to ease free flow of traffic in the area.

He urged motorcyclists and drivers to always exercise patient and refrain from speeding to prevent avoidable crashes.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Campaigns are here again: let’s do it right!

We will be entering another important phase of our democratic governance from tomorrow, because, going…

49 minutes ago

2027 presidential election will be Tinubu’s easiest — Wike

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike has declared that President Bola Tinubu faces his easiest presidential election…

51 minutes ago

OpenAI launches teen-focused ChatGPT amid safety concerns

LOpenAI has introduced a teen-focused version of ChatGPT with enhanced safety measures as the company…

59 minutes ago

Middle East war: Iran threatens fresh offensive as US rejects ceasefire extension

Iran has threatened to adopt a "fully offensive" military posture after negotiations with the United…

1 hour ago

Maitama flood: Wike orders demolition of houses blocking waterways

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has ordered the immediate demolition of…

2 hours ago

Barcelona seal €76m deal for Rodri from Man City

Barcelona and Manchester City have reportedly completed and signed all formal documents for the transfer…

2 hours ago

This website uses cookies.