Categories: CrimesNews

60-year-old man shot dead after hoodlums clashed with Davido’s security team in Osun

The Osun State Police Command has confirmed the killing of a 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf, by suspected hoodlums in Osogbo, the state capital.

Confirming the incident via a statement, the Osun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi, said the incident occurred around Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, shortly after Governor Ademola Adeleke visited the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, at his palace.

Ojelabi said preliminary investigation revealed that Adeleke, accompanied by his nephew, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, had earlier paid a courtesy visit to the traditional ruler.

Ojelabi stated: “Immediately after the visit, one Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as ‘Small Rugged’, an ex-convict, cultist and suspected notorious thug, attempted to gain access to Davido but was resisted by members of his security team.

“The ensuing confrontation reportedly attracted other suspected gang members in the vicinity.

“The suspects temporarily blocked the entrance to the palace and obstructed movement before the governor’s convoy eventually left the area safely.

“Shortly afterwards, the suspected gang members reportedly departed the vicinity, and while on their way, they allegedly shot the victim dead.”

Ojelabi said a police patrol team was mobilised to the scene, where the victim was found lying in a pool of blood.

Davido speaks on attack on Adeleke’s convoy in Osun

He said the victim was rushed to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, where he was pronounced dead.

The police spokesperson said the command had commenced a full-scale investigation into the incident and intensified efforts to identify, apprehend and bring the fleeing suspects to justice.

Ojelabi quoted the Osun State Commissioner of Police, Samuel Etaifo, as condemning the act and assuring members of the public that the command would deploy all available resources to apprehend those responsible.

Etaifo urged anyone with useful information that could assist the investigation to approach the nearest police station or contact the command through its official channels.

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

US national debt rises to $40trn for first time, sparks fresh fiscal concerns

The United States' national debt has climbed above $40 trillion for the first time, raising…

4 minutes ago

FCTA reseals orphanage over unauthorised operation

The Federal Capital Territory Administration has resealed Divine Hope Orphanage and Less Privileged Home in…

16 minutes ago

Police arrest Edo man over sexual assault of 12-year-old apprentice

The Edo State Police Command has arrested a man, identified as Orji Okoro, over the…

29 minutes ago

Messi scores first goal since father’s death

Argentina captain Lionel Messi scored his first goal since the ​death of his father earlier…

32 minutes ago

Apapa Customs generates N28.1bn revenue in one day

The Apapa Area Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has generated N28.1 billion in…

2 hours ago

NGX investors lose N556bn as market cap slips to N155trn

The Nigerian stock market closed bearish on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, recording a loss of…

2 hours ago

This website uses cookies.