Nigerian TikToker Nsikak Abigail, popularly known as Mirabel, has returned to social media months after she was taken into police custody and later placed in rehabilitation following her admission that she fabricated a rape allegation.
Mirabel resumed activity on TikTok on Saturday, posting a series of videos and messages that appeared to mark her first public engagement in several months.
In one post, she wrote, “I survived, so I’m awaiting your hate comments,” while another video carried the caption, “Out of therapy but not healed.”
In a separate post, she wrote, “Made peace with my mental health since rehab couldn’t help. Hi y’all.”
Her return comes about six months after she sparked widespread controversy with allegations that she had been raped by an unidentified man at her residence in Ogijo, Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State.
Mirabel had alleged in February that the man forced his way into her home, assaulted and restrained her before sexually assaulting her. She also claimed that the alleged attacker subsequently contacted her.
The allegations went viral on TikTok, attracting widespread public sympathy and reactions from celebrities, activists and other social media users.
However, inconsistencies in her account later emerged, leading to growing scrutiny of the claims.
Mirabel subsequently admitted during a conversation with social media activist Martins Otse, popularly known as VeryDarkMan, that the rape allegation was false. She also said she had been using drugs and was not thinking clearly when she made the claims.
Following her admission, the Ogun State Police Command investigated the matter after she voluntarily reported at Ibafo Police Station. She was later transferred to the Ogijo police jurisdiction, where she underwent medical examination and received treatment.
Rather than proceed immediately with prosecution, the state government eventually placed her under the care of the Ogun State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development for psychosocial rehabilitation.
In June, Ogun State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwasina Ogungbade, said investigations and Mirabel’s own admissions established that the rape allegation had been “false and deliberately fabricated.”
He said the investigation found no alleged offender to prosecute and no public safety threat arising from the original claim.
The state government subsequently opted for rehabilitation, saying it was considered more appropriate in the circumstances.
Mirabel’s latest posts did not disclose when she left the rehabilitation programme or provide details about her current condition.
However, her comments suggested that she remains conscious of the criticism surrounding the controversy and may still be dealing with its aftermath.
“I survived, so I’m awaiting your hate comments,” she wrote.
- Alibaba plans $10.2bn share sale to expand AI business - August 23, 2026
- Mirabel returns to TikTok months after false rape claim, rehab - August 23, 2026
- 1,917 Nigerians sought asylum in Netherlands in two years — Report - August 23, 2026







