Categories: CrimesNews

Amotekun rescues victim, arrests father, 3 sons for kidnapping in Ondo

The operatives of Ondo State Security Network Agency, codenamed Amotekun, has rescued a kidnapped victim and arrested a father and his three sons at Oba Akoko in Akoko South West Local Government Area of the state.

The Amotekun Corps Commander, Adetunji Adeleye, disclosed this while parading 28 suspects for kidnap-related cases and 15 others for criminal offences in Akure, the capital of Ondo State, on Tuesday, June 30, 2026.

Adeleye said: “Today, we have Usman, 33; Wahab, 27; Yakubu, 18; and their father, Iliasu, 56, arrested in Oba Akoko, Ondo State.

“Not only that, we equally recovered drugs, drinks, cigarettes and what looked like a camouflage used to cover the eyes of the kidnapped victim.”

Adeleye revealed that the suspects were arrested after the victim’s family reported the incident to police.

The Amotekun commander, who said the victim was kidnapped on his way to Oba Akoko, said the family arranged ransom without informing Amotekun.

Adeleye added: “Inspite of the ransom payment, the kidnappers refused to release the victim. They also threatened the family not to report the incident.

“This eventually brought the family to the Amotekun office, and we immediately swung into action.

Policeman, 2 others arrested for raping 13-year-old girl in Niger State

”At the end of the day, we found a family, a father and three sons, directly involved, using cattles as cover.

“In the course of the operation, they (kidnappers) attacked our men, but we succeeded in rescuing the victim.”

Adeleye disclosed that the kidnappers tortured the victim with knives and cutlasses on the head, saying the victim had been rushed to the hospital.

He also revealed that Amotekun officers were able to recover over 75 per cent of the ransom paid. ‎

Adeleye said: “As far as the command is concerned, we do not encourage the payment of ransom. Since the money belongs to the family, it has been returned to them.
‎
“In fact, we handed over all the money recovered at the scene to a member of the victim’s family for safekeeping, and we only brought it here for display.”

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Barcelona agree €76.5m deal to sign Rodri from Man City

Manchester City have accepted a £65.4 million (€76.5 million) bid from Barcelona for their star…

4 hours ago

Niger arrests 331 suspects as drug crackdown sweeps Niamey

Security authorities in Niger have arrested 331 people, including 27 minors, during a major anti-drug…

6 hours ago

2027: Why I chose to be Obi’s running mate ― Kwankwaso

The vice-presidential candidate of Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Rabiu Kwankwaso, says his decision to be…

6 hours ago

Latest developments in Europe wildfires

Two people died when fires broke out on a Greek island, and Belgium was tackling…

6 hours ago

Zamfara trains 250 teachers on AI, modern teaching methods

The Zamfara State Government has begun training 250 teachers, evaluators and education administrators in artificial…

7 hours ago

Osun poll: APC, police persecuted Adeleke, Accord members – Commissioner

Osun State Commissioner for Information, Kolapo Alimi, has accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) and…

9 hours ago

This website uses cookies.