Breaking News

Breaking: Real Madrid sign Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund

Real Madrid have completed the signing of England midfielder, Jude Bellingham, from Borussia Dortmund for £115 million.

Real Madrid, who will pay an initial £88.5 million for Bellingham, announced the signing via a statement issued on Wednesday, June 14.

The club stated that Bellingham will be unveiled as a Real Madrid player on Thursday, June 15.

The statement read: “Real Madrid CF and Borussia Dortmund have agreed on the transfer of the player Jude Bellingham, who will remain linked to our club for the next six seasons.

READ ALSO: Mbappe: My letter to PSG leaked, I won’t join Real Madrid

“Tomorrow, Thursday, June 15, at 12:00 noon at Real Madrid City, the presentation ceremony for Jude Bellingham as a new Real Madrid player will take place. Next, Jude Bellingham will appear before the media.”

In a farewell statement on the Dortmund website, Bellingham said: “Thank you to everyone at BVB and to the fans for everything over the past three years.

“It’s been an honour to wear your jersey so many times, in big and small moments. Even though I look forward to my next destination, I will never forget the journey there. Once Borussia always Borussia. All the best for the future.”

Dortmund chief executive, Hans-Joachim Watzke, said: “We thank Jude for three years of passion for Borussia Dortmund. It was a fantastic time together.

“We would also like to thank Real Madrid for the always fair and constructive discussions.”

The 19-year-old midfielder moved to Germany from boyhood club Birmingham in 2020, but has long dreamt of playing for the Spanish giants.

Dortmund confirmed in a statement last week that Madrid had agreed to pay an initial €103 million (£88.5 million) to land Bellingham. Real Madrid have however confirmed the deal is complete.

Bellingham was recently named the Bundesliga’s player of the season after his starring role for Dortmund, who missed out on the title in agonising fashion on the final day of the campaign.

He scored his first England goal in their World Cup win over Iran but is absent from the squad to face Malta and North Macedonia in Euro 2024 qualifiers this week due to injury.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Barcelona agree €76.5m deal to sign Rodri from Man City

Manchester City have accepted a £65.4 million (€76.5 million) bid from Barcelona for their star…

3 hours ago

Niger arrests 331 suspects as drug crackdown sweeps Niamey

Security authorities in Niger have arrested 331 people, including 27 minors, during a major anti-drug…

5 hours ago

2027: Why I chose to be Obi’s running mate ― Kwankwaso

The vice-presidential candidate of Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Rabiu Kwankwaso, says his decision to be…

5 hours ago

Latest developments in Europe wildfires

Two people died when fires broke out on a Greek island, and Belgium was tackling…

5 hours ago

Zamfara trains 250 teachers on AI, modern teaching methods

The Zamfara State Government has begun training 250 teachers, evaluators and education administrators in artificial…

6 hours ago

Osun poll: APC, police persecuted Adeleke, Accord members – Commissioner

Osun State Commissioner for Information, Kolapo Alimi, has accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) and…

8 hours ago

This website uses cookies.