Categories: Breaking NewsNews

El-Rufai to remain in ICPC custody as court fixes April 14 for ruling on bail application

The Federal High Court in Kaduna has reserved ruling on the bail application filed by former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai until April 14, 2026.

The decision followed arguments presented by both the defence and prosecution teams during Wednesday’s proceedings.

Lead defence counsel, Adewole Iyamu, said the defence was optimistic about securing bail, noting that all submissions had been properly presented before the court.

Iyamu also disclosed that El-Rufai is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court in Abuja on April 10 in a separate case filed by the Department of State Services (DSS).

Uba Sani bags women in leadership summit award, vows more economic inclusion

Earlier, the former governor arrived at the Kaduna court under tight security, with operatives of the DSS and other security agencies deployed around the judicial complex to maintain order amid heightened public interest.

El-Rufai, who is currently being held by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), is facing multiple charges, including alleged money laundering, unlawful possession of public property, and other related offences.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Oyo attack: DHQ debunks terrorist base in South-West, intensifies rescue operations

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has dismissed claims of the existence of a terrorist base in…

53 seconds ago

Pantami withdraws from APC Gombe governorship primary

Former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has withdrawn from the All…

9 minutes ago

Wizkid, Tems, Burna Boy, Asake earn 2026 BET nominations

Nigeria’s global music stars Wizkid, Asake, Burna Boy and Tems have received multiple nominations for…

32 minutes ago

PDP waives screening requirement for Jonathan ahead of primary

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has waived the screening requirement for former President Goodluck Jonathan…

2 hours ago

Shettima reveals: People told Tinubu I charmed clothes I gave him

Vice President Kashim Shettima has disclosed that some individuals warned President Bola Ahmed Tinubu against…

3 hours ago

Danjuma pledges N3bn as Gowon unveils autobiography

The public presentation of the autobiography of former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, drew significant…

3 hours ago

This website uses cookies.