News

Ex-governor distributes 370 cows for Eid-El-Kabir

Former Governor of Zamfara State, Abdul’aziz Yari, has procured 370 cows for distribution to executives of the All Progressives Congress (APC), less privileged and vulnerable groups for the 2022 Eid-El-Kabir festival.

Chairman of the Distribution Committee and former APC state chairman, Alhaji Lawal Liman, disclosed this while presenting the allocations of the cows to the beneficiaries in Gusau on Saturday.

The former governor had earlier in the week distributed 3,593 rams to beneficiaries across the state for the same celebration.

Liman said that the gesture was aimed at assisting the less privileged to celebrate the Eid-El-Kabir with ease.

NDLEA seizes N4.5bn heroin in baby food

He said the beneficiaries also included new and old APC executives from the 147 political wards and local government executives of the party.

“Other beneficiaries include Islamic scholars, APC youth and women groups, associations as well as community leaders in the state,” Liman said.

Abdulaziz Yari

He commended the former governor for supporting the people of the state, especially those at the grassroots.

Liman called on Muslim faithful to use Eid-El-Kabir period to pray for peace and stability of the state and Nigeria at large.

The Star

Editor

Recent Posts

Shell urges contractors to strengthen safety standards in Nigeria

Shell has called on its contracting partners to sustain high safety standards across their operations…

9 hours ago

EFCC arraigns two over supply of bank access credentials

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned two men before the Federal High Court…

9 hours ago

Davido speaks on attack on Adeleke’s convoy in Osun

Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has dismissed reports linking Governor Ademola Adeleke’s…

9 hours ago

Bayelsa Assembly suspends Sagbama council chair, deputy

The Bayelsa State House of Assembly has suspended the Chairperson of Sagbama Local Government Area,…

10 hours ago

Tinubu orders five-year national security threat assessment, defence plan

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National Threat Assessment and…

10 hours ago

Plateau attack: Army chief moves tactical HQ to Mangu

The General Officer Commanding, 3 Division Nigerian Army and Commander of Operation Enduring Peace, Major…

10 hours ago

This website uses cookies.