News

Ex-presidential spokesman, Doyin Okupe, dies at 72

Former presidential spokesperson, Dr. Doyin Okupe, is dead.

He died at the age of 72.

His death was confirmed on Friday, March 7, 2025.
Okupe has been ill in the weeks leading to his death.
His death was linked to cancer.

The deceased had a history of prostrate cancer, first diagnosed 16 years ago.

Okupe, who served as the Director-General of Peter Obi’s 2023 presidential campaign, stepped down from the role due to his money laundering case in court.

Following the election, he resigned from the Labour Party and later became a vocal supporter of President Bola Tinubu’s administration.

A longtime political strategist, Okupe previously served as Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He had earlier served as spokesman to President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Editor

Recent Posts

Wike commends security, INEC over smooth FCT polls

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has commended the peaceful conduct of…

5 hours ago

Ogun govt denies endorsement, says Ifa didn’t pick Ademorin Kuye as new Awujale

The Ogun State Government has debunked reports claiming that the Ifa oracle has chosen Prince…

7 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea, Aston Villa held in blow to Champions League hopes

Chelsea's chances of Champions League qualification were dented as Burnley snatched a 1-1 draw at…

8 hours ago

Wike to Kingibe: FCT poll results will determine political strength

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has dismissed criticism over movement restrictions…

9 hours ago

Trump vows to raise global tariff rate to 15%

United States President Donald Trump says he will raise temporary tariffs on almost all U.S.…

9 hours ago

ADC takes early lead in Kubwa, Bwari chairmanship poll

The African Democratic Congress is in an early lead in the chairmanship race at polling…

9 hours ago

This website uses cookies.