Categories: Crimes

Gunmen kill 2, abduct 4 in Gombe community

Gunmen have killed two persons and kidnapped four others during an attack on Pindiga community in Akko Local Government Area of Gombe State.

The Gombe State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Buhari Abdullahi, confirmed the incident via a statement issued on Sunday, December 28, 2025.

Abdullahi said the attack occurred at 3:30 a.m. on Sunday.

Abdullahi stated that the gunmen invaded the residence of the victims along Pindiga–Kashere Road, where they shot 31-year-old Yusuf Mohammed and 28-year-old Faiza Mohammed, and abducted one other.

Bello Turji not killed in US airstrikes — Report

He said the gunmen further proceeded to the residence of one Yayaji Abdullahi, where they abducted his wife and two children.

The police spokesman said the two gunshot victims were immediately rushed to the Cottage Hospital, Pindiga, where they were confirmed dead by a medical doctor.

He said tactical and intelligence-led operations had been intensified in the area.

“Consequently, hunters, and local vigilante groups were mobilised, while concerted efforts are ongoing to rescue the abducted victims and apprehend the perpetrators of this heinous crime,” he added.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

FG donates N5bn to victims of Singer Market fire in Kano

The Federal Government has donated N5 billion to traders affected by the recent fire outbreak…

38 seconds ago

Yilwatda reaffirms APC’s 60/40 leadership sharing formula in Kano

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Nentawe Yilwatda, has reaffirmed the party’s 60/40…

6 minutes ago

Active voice subscriptions hit 171.7m in Q2 — NBS

Nigeria’s telecommunications sector sustained strong performance in the second quarter of 2025, with active voice…

13 minutes ago

Court remands two men over theft of 88 crates of eggs, N2.6m cash

An Ikorodu Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday remanded two men, Timothy James and Moses Orban,…

15 minutes ago

21-year-old apprentice kills boss after dispute in Anambra

A 21-year-old apprentice (name withheld) has allegedly killed his boss at Fegge in Onitsha, Anambra…

1 hour ago

Troops arrest two suspected Boko Haram logistics suppliers in Yobe

Troops of the Joint Task Force (JTF) North East, operating under Operation Hadin Kai, have…

2 hours ago

This website uses cookies.