Categories: CrimesNews

Hoodlums rape woman to death in Lagos

Residents of Oke Egan in the Ilogbo-Eremi area of Badagry, Lagos State, were left in shock on Friday after the body of a 60-year-old woman, identified as Victoria Adegoke, was discovered in a nearby bush.

Community sources said the victim was found naked and is suspected to have been raped and strangled before her body was dumped at the location.

Marks on her body also suggested her hands may have been bound by her attackers.

A community leader, who spoke anonymously due to the sensitivity of the incident, said the body was discovered at about 6:10am.

He explained that Adegoke, a grandmother, had attended a programme at a church known as Ayo Jesu Church before the incident.

According to him, she had stayed with a relative near the church after the programme ended and was reportedly attacked while returning home in the early hours of Friday.

“The woman is someone I know. Her daughter lives abroad. She had attended a church programme and stayed behind for some days. On her way home early in the morning, she was allegedly ambushed.

“Her clothes and underwear were removed. She was strangled, and her phone was taken. However, her ATM card and Bible were found at the scene,” the source said.

Another resident, identified simply as Adeola, described the incident as disturbing, noting that the victim was believed to be between 65 and 68 years old.

He said passersby discovered the body and reported the matter to a nearby police post, adding that authorities could potentially trace the perpetrators through the victim’s stolen phone.

A separate community member, who also requested anonymity, described the area as prone to violent crimes, noting that similar incidents had occurred there in the past.

“The community lies along the Lagos-Ogun boundary and has a history of such attacks. This is not the first time. In fact, this may be about the fourth case reported here,” the source said.

Efforts to reach the Lagos State Police Command spokesperson, Abimbola Adebisi, were unsuccessful as calls and messages were not returned as of the time of filing this report.

In a related development, residents recalled a similar disturbing incident in November 2025, when the body of an unidentified man was found in front of a filling station in the Seme area of Badagry.

LUKMAN ABDULMALIK

Recent Posts

Death toll hits 80 as WHO declares Ebola outbreak in DR Congo international emergency

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of…

12 minutes ago

Supporter killed, several injured in violence at Lagos APC primaries

A yet-to-be-identified man has been shot dead, while several others sustained injuries following a violent…

1 hour ago

Oil nears $110 amid Trump’s Iran threat

Global oil prices climbed to $109.3 per barrel on Sunday amid escalating tensions in the…

1 hour ago

Otti, LP clash with Abure over disputed nomination forms

A fresh leadership crisis has emerged within the Labour Party as Abia State Governor Alex…

1 hour ago

Nigerians prefer rate cut over further tightening — CBN

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has revealed that 63.3 per cent of Nigerians favour…

1 hour ago

Banking stocks power NGX rally as investors trade N374bn in one week

Nigeria’s stock market extended its bullish run last week, driven largely by heavy activity in…

1 hour ago

This website uses cookies.