Troops of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) have arrested two suspects believed to be connected to the recent attack on a mosque in Maiduguri, Borno State.

The arrests, carried out in different operations across Borno and Yobe states, were supported by intelligence gathering and joint security collaboration, according to security sources.

One suspect was picked up in Banki town during a routine patrol, while the other was arrested earlier in Damaturu, Yobe State, and later transferred to Maiduguri for further investigation.

Advertisement

Military sources said the arrests followed heightened security operations ordered by the Theatre Commander of Operation Hadin Kai after the December 24 incident.

Security around worship centres, markets, and major routes across the North-East has since been strengthened.

Investigators said the suspects are currently being questioned over their alleged roles and connections to a wider network believed to be planning coordinated attacks in parts of the region.

In a related development, troops also intercepted supplies believed to be intended for criminal groups, as follow-up operations led to more arrests.

Security officials say the ongoing operations are aimed at weakening cells responsible for attacks and preventing further threats to communities.

Operation Hadin Kai reaffirmed its commitment to working with residents and local security groups to ensure safety across Borno and neighbouring states.

Advertisement