News

JAMB warns candidates over sale of 2022 UTME, Direct Entry forms

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has told prospective candidates that the examination body has not commenced the sale of the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) forms.

The board gave the warning in a statement signed by the JAMB Head of Media and Protocol, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, on Thursday.

Benjamin, who noted that any claims that the sale of the examination forms had commenced was fraudulent and should be disregarded, said the board has not fixed a date to commence the sale of the forms.

The JAMB spokesman warned prospective candidates to be mindful of speculators who are in the habit of second-guessing the board’s on certain procedural issues with the aim of defrauding hapless candidates.

Benjamin stated: “The attention of JAMB has been drawn to the activities of unwholesome elements who had been misleading the general public on the purported commencement of the sale of the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and Direct Entry application documents.

“For the avoidance of doubt, any information in circulation purporting to have emanated from the Board to the effect that the sale of the 2022 UTME and DE forms has commenced is not only fraudulent but is a calculated attempt by mischief makers to create unnecessary panic among prospective candidates for their own selfish ends.

READ ALSO: Extortion: JAMB stops CBT centres from collecting registration fee

“It should be noted that the commencement of the sale of the Board’s application documents in any given year has never been shrouded in mystery rather it is always a well-publicised undertaking in the print media as well as online and electronic platforms.

“Although the Board has concluded all arrangements to commence the sale of the 2022 UTME/DE Application Documents in due course it is yet to fix any date for its commencement.

“The general public is, therefore, by this notice urged to be mindful of speculators who are in the habit of second-guessing the Board’s on certain procedural issues with the aim of defrauding hapless candidates.”

He added that the general public would be sufficiently informed of the commencement of the sale of E-Pins once approval has been granted by relevant authorities.

The JAMB spokesman further noted that the announcement of a suitable date to commence the sale would be accompanied by well-defined information on the procedures for the purchase of the e-pins, creating a profile, and where to go for biometric capturing, among other essential details.

TheStar

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Tinubu secures landslide win as rival polls zero at Ikoyi APC primary

President Bola Tinubu recorded a sweeping victory at the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential primary…

1 hour ago

2027: Ganduje’s son joins Reps race under NDC

AbdulAziz Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, son of former APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has entered…

2 hours ago

Tinubu: APC deepening democracy via transparent primaries

President Bola Tinubu on Saturday described the conduct of the 2026 All Progressives Congress (APC)…

2 hours ago

El-Rufai’s wife demands N2bn damages from ICPC chairman over alleged defamation

Aichatou El-Rufai, wife of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, has issued a pre-action…

3 hours ago

Tinubu, wife cast votes in Lagos as APC primaries begins

President Bola Tinubu and his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, on Saturday voted at the All Progressives…

3 hours ago

Why we stopped ADC leaders seeing El-Rufai — ICPC

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related…

4 hours ago

This website uses cookies.