Two male dead bodies have been recovered from a three-storey building that collapsed in the Yaba area of Lagos State.
The Acting Head of the National Emergency Management Agency (Lagos Operations Office), Ibitayo Adenike, disclosed this in Lagos on Saturday, September 13, 2025.
So far, two dead bodies have been recovered, while four persons have been rescued and are currently receiving treatment.
Adenike said the building at Alagomeji, Yaba, collapsed at about 8.30 p.m. on Friday, trapping several persons.
4 rescued, many trapped in Lagos building collapse
She added that search and rescue operation was still ongoing.
The NEMA official noted that the number of people still trapped under the rubble could not be ascertained until the building was completely brought down to ground level.
Adenike listed emergency responders at the scene to include the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Lagos State Building and Control Agency, and the Nigeria Police Force, among others.
The Lagos State University (LASU) has prohibited the School of Part-Time Studies (SPTS) students from…
The publisher of Ovation Magazine, Dele Momodu, has reassured the public that efforts are ongoing…
A major fire outbreak has destroyed scores of stalls at the Dakata Small-Scale Industrial Complex…
The Bayelsa State Police Command has arrested two suspects for allegedly posing as military officers…
The Federal Government of Nigeria has expressed concern over the continued circulation of substandard and…
United States President Donald Trump says he will direct federal agencies to begin releasing government…
This website uses cookies.