A Grade I Area Court in Lugbe, on Thursday sentenced a 22-year-old businessman, Uche George, to six months imprisonment for raising false alarm over the disappearance of his genitals.
George, who lives at Zone 5, Lugbe was charged with criminal force, assault and giving false information.
The Judge, Malam Aliyu Kagarko, sentenced George after he pleaded guilty to the charges against him.
Gunmen attack Cross River prison, kill officer
Kagarko, however, gave the convict an option of N30,000 fine.
The Prosecution Counsel, Mr. Stanley Nwaforaku, had earlier told the court that the convict falsely accused Emmanuela Anganwu, of Zone 8 Lugbe of the disappearance of his genital.
He told the court that the convict in the process brutally assaulted the girl, adding that the case was reported at the Tradedmore Police Station, Lugbe.
The offences, according to him, contravene the provisions of sections 265 and 178 of the Penal Code.
President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…
Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has presented N20 million each to two Lagos State University…
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Kano State Command, has warned unauthorised fertiliser blending…
President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…
Troops of Sector 3, Operation Hadin Kai, have arrested a suspected illicit drug dealer and…
Troops have arrested an 18-year-old man suspected of working as an informant for armed bandits…
This website uses cookies.