Categories: Just Politics

Police arrest ex-Prince Andrew for sending UK govt documents to Epstein

Former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested by the police in the United Kingdom over allegations he sent confidential government documents to late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The police announced the arrest of Andrew, who is King Charles’ younger brother, on Thursday, February 19, 2026.

The arrest of a royal family member is unprecedented in Britain’s modern era. It marks a humiliating new blow for the ousted prince, who was last year stripped of his titles and turned 66 on Thursday as he was taken into custody.

Police said they were also searching two properties – in eastern England and west of London – as part of their probe.

“We have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office,” Thames Valley police said in a statement, without naming the suspect, as is common practice in the UK.

The police added that officers “are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk”, noting that “the man remains in police custody at this time”.

Images published by UK media showed a fleet of unmarked cars, believed to be police vehicles, arriving early Thursday at King Charles III’s Sandringham estate in eastern England where Andrew moved to earlier this month.

South Korean court sentences ex-President Yoon to life imprisonment

The arrest follows new revelations last week that appeared to show Andrew sent convicted United States sex offender Epstein potentially confidential documents during his time as a UK trade envoy.

In a November 2010 email, Andrew appeared to share with Epstein reports on several Asian countries following an official visit to the region.

The ex-royal, now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, also reportedly sent the American financier details of the trip – on which he was accompanied by Epstein’s business associates – along with investment opportunities months later.

Charles last year stripped his brother of his titles and ordered he leave his mansion on the Windsor estate – though he does remain eighth in the line of succession to the British throne.

It followed one of Epstein’s accusers, Virginia Giuffre, recounting in shocking details in her posthumous memoirs allegations that she had been trafficked to have sex with Andrew when she was a teenager.

He has previously denied any wrongdoing in his associations with Epstein.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Appeal Court deploys 51 justices to Rivers

The Court of Appeal of Nigeria has deployed 51 justices to its Port Harcourt Division…

2 hours ago

UniAbuja student disappears on way to CBT exam

The management of the University of Abuja has called on the public to help locate…

2 hours ago

117 repentant terrorists graduate from Safe Corridor programme

No fewer than 117 repentant terrorists from Borno State have successfully completed the Disarmament, Rehabilitation…

2 hours ago

FCT election: Wike declares Friday work-free day, restricts movement on Saturday

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has announced work free day…

3 hours ago

Postecoglou: I made bad decision to join Nottingham Forest

Ange Postecoglou says he made "a bad decision" to become the manager of Premier League…

5 hours ago

INEC, security agencies ready for Kano assembly by-elections

The Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies in Kano State have expressed readiness for…

5 hours ago

This website uses cookies.