The Acting Provost, College of Education, Ilorin in Kwara State, Dr Jimoh Ayinla, says students of the institution have shown remorsefulness and pleaded for the reopening of the college to continue their academic session.
The acting provost disclosed this in an interview with NAN in Ilorin on Friday.
Ayinla said the students have realised their mistakes and wrote an apology letter through the Students Union Government (SUG) of the institution to Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq and the state Ministry of Tertiary Institutions.
“They wrote an apology letter through the student executives seeking for pardon and promised never to repeat such rude and uncultured act again,” he said.
The acting provost revealed that the college management, through the order from the ministry, had constituted a committee on the issue.
READ ALSO: UniJos ASUU orders lecturers to stay at home over withheld salaries
He said the committee would investigate those involved and decide on appropriate punishment to anybody or group found guilty of the incident, in order to prevent future occurrence.
“The committee just concluded their three days meeting and we are appealing to the government that normalcy has returned and that the school should be reopened for academic session to continue,” he said.
Ayinla however explained that the closure only affected the NCE students who misbehaved, while other students continued with their various programmes and registration continued for new students.
NAN recalls that the college, on October 19, was shut following a protest embarked upon by some students of NCE programme.
It was gathered that the college management had been lenient with the students by allowing them to write the first semester examination and conducting their teaching practice after the protest.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in the August gubernatorial election in Osun State,…
Retirees of the defunct National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) and Power Holding Company of Nigeria…
The Senior Special Assistant on Digital Media to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo, Kassy Chukwu,…
One hundred days after dozens of students were abducted from schools in Borno State, their…
President Bola Tinubu has ordered the suspension of three permanent secretaries and the immediate arrest…
Troops of Operation Enduring Peace have arrested a suspected arms dealer and recovered an AK-47…
This website uses cookies.