Categories: BusinessNews

Seplat ends routine gas flaring, expands LPG investment

Seplat Energy Plc has ended routine gas flaring across its onshore operations in Nigeria, describing the milestone as a major step in its commitment to cleaner energy and environmental sustainability.

The Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director of Seplat Energy, Samson Ezugworie, disclosed this during a parley with journalists in Benin, the capital of Edo State, on Sunday, July 5, 2025.

Ezugworie said the company achieved the feat by the end of 2025, describing it as a remarkable accomplishment both in Nigeria and globally.

“I will make bold to say that in our operations in the onshore business that we have, both western assets and eastern assets, we actually achieved the end of routine flaring in all our onshore operations as of the end of last year,” Ezugworie said.

The Seplat CPO added that the company had invested in the Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) value chain to support the availability of cooking gas and improve access for consumers.

According to him, the commitment is being driven through the establishment of an LPG plant in Sapele, Delta.

CDHR urges Gbajabiamila to step aside over PFIPC scandal

Ezugworie said the first trucks loaded with LPG cylinders departed the facility on April 20, 2026.

Ezugworie stated: “We are committed to contributing to LPG and cooking gas in the country. We already have the plant in Sapele. The plant is not somewhere else but in our area of operation.

“Again, all these are actually borne out of the fact that we are committed to the things we say.

“One of our key mantras in Seplat is integrity. One of our core values is integrity, and integrity only says the gap between what you say and what you do should not be there.”

The investments, the Seplat Energy official, said, reflected the company’s commitment to aligning its operations with its stated values while supporting Nigeria’s transition to cleaner energy sources

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Shell urges contractors to strengthen safety standards in Nigeria

Shell has called on its contracting partners to sustain high safety standards across their operations…

4 hours ago

EFCC arraigns two over supply of bank access credentials

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned two men before the Federal High Court…

4 hours ago

Davido speaks on attack on Adeleke’s convoy in Osun

Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has dismissed reports linking Governor Ademola Adeleke’s…

4 hours ago

Bayelsa Assembly suspends Sagbama council chair, deputy

The Bayelsa State House of Assembly has suspended the Chairperson of Sagbama Local Government Area,…

5 hours ago

Tinubu orders five-year national security threat assessment, defence plan

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National Threat Assessment and…

5 hours ago

Plateau attack: Army chief moves tactical HQ to Mangu

The General Officer Commanding, 3 Division Nigerian Army and Commander of Operation Enduring Peace, Major…

5 hours ago

This website uses cookies.