Crimes

Train crushes 50-year-old man to death in Lagos

A 50-year-old man, identified simply as Emmanuel, has been crushed to death by a moving train in Lagos State.

The incident was confirmed by the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, on Sunday, October 13, 2024.

Hundeyin said the incident occurred at about 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 8, at the ARENA Shopping Complex in Oshodi, Lagos State.

He said a woman, who claimed to be the younger sister of the 50-year-old man, reported the incident to the Mosafejo Police Division on Tuesday afternoon.

Lagos Red Line rail begins passenger operations October 15

According to Hundeyin, the woman reported that she got a phone call that her elder brother was crushed by a moving train while walking along the track.

The police spokesperson said based on the report, the scene was visited and photographed by a team of detectives.

He stated that the corpse was evacuated to a public morgue for autopsy.

Hundeyin added that the case had been handed over to the Railway Police Command, Ebute-Metta, for further investigation.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Shell urges contractors to strengthen safety standards in Nigeria

Shell has called on its contracting partners to sustain high safety standards across their operations…

3 hours ago

EFCC arraigns two over supply of bank access credentials

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned two men before the Federal High Court…

3 hours ago

Davido speaks on attack on Adeleke’s convoy in Osun

Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has dismissed reports linking Governor Ademola Adeleke’s…

3 hours ago

Bayelsa Assembly suspends Sagbama council chair, deputy

The Bayelsa State House of Assembly has suspended the Chairperson of Sagbama Local Government Area,…

4 hours ago

Tinubu orders five-year national security threat assessment, defence plan

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National Threat Assessment and…

4 hours ago

Plateau attack: Army chief moves tactical HQ to Mangu

The General Officer Commanding, 3 Division Nigerian Army and Commander of Operation Enduring Peace, Major…

4 hours ago

This website uses cookies.