A 23-year-old man, Akaninyene Isaac, has allegedly killed his mother for starving him of food in Oruk Uso Otoro village, Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
The Akwa Ibom State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Odiko MacDon, disclosed this in a statement issued on Monday, October 16.
MacDon said police operatives of Abak Division arrested the suspect last Wednesday for allegedly murdering his 55-year-old mother, Christiana Isaac.
READ ALSO: Man cuts off mother’s hands in Ogun
The police spokesperson said the suspect had already confessed to killing his mother for failure to provide him food for over three days.
MacDon quoted the suspect as saying: “I used a machete to inflict grievous injuries on her, leading to her death.”
He added that the suspect would be charged to court upon the conclusion of investigations.
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force have arrested a mortician after uncovering an unlicensed mortuary…
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc has unveiled a new diaspora banking and investment platform…
The Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) has asked Nasir El-Rufai, former governor of…
Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara State has come under heavy criticism after a viral video…
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has condemned Nigeria’s electricity privatisation, describing the exercise as a…
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has denied any involvement in banditry,…
This website uses cookies.