Gunmen suspected to be bandits have attacked a mosque and abducted worshippers at Bushe in Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State.
It was gathered that the bandits abducted no fewer than 10 worshippers, including the Imam, during the attack on Thursday, February 6, 2025.
Eyewitnesses disclosed that the bandits invaded the mosque while worshippers were performing their early morning Subhi prayer on Thursday.
Residents said the assailants had been molesting the residents of the community, even with the presence of security agents.
Bandits kidnap ex-NYSC DG in Katsina
They noted that the timely intervention of the security agents led by the troops of Nigerian Army was able to curtail the activities of the gunmen.
The Sokoto State Police Public Relations Officer, Ahmed Rufai, confirmed the attack on Friday.
Rufai said police authorities were working with other security agencies to rescue the abducted victims.
- NLC demands end to power privatisation, condemns N3trn GenCo bailout - February 15, 2026
- Osun guber: PDP, LP missing as INEC clears 14 parties - February 15, 2026
- NDLEA intercepts London-bound cocaine sent from Lagos prison, seizes drug hidden in children’s toy guitar - February 15, 2026







