Former world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will today (Friday) face YouTube star Jake Paul in an eight-round professional heavyweight bout in Miami, United States.
The fight between the YouTuber-turned-boxer and Joshua, the 36-year-old former two-time unified world champion, will take place at the Kaseya Center.
The fight, which will be streamed live on Netflix, will consist of eight three-minute rounds, with the boxers using 10-ounce gloves.
America’s Paul, 28, who has a 12-1 record, beat heavyweight great Mike Tyson in Texas in November 2024.
He claimed a unanimous-decision win over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr in June and had been set to take on Gervonta Davis this month before the fight was cancelled after a civil lawsuit was filed against the WBA lightweight champion.
Jake Paul to face Anthony Joshua in Miami heavyweight clash
Speaking in November, Joshua, who has not fought since being stopped by British compatriot Daniel Dubois at Wembley in September last year in their IBF title bout, said it was a “big opportunity”.
Joshua said: “Whether you like it or not, I’m here to do massive numbers, have big fights and break every record whilst keeping cool, calm and collected.
“Mark my words, you’ll see a lot more fighters take these opportunities in the future. I’m about to break the internet over Jake Paul’s face.”
- Governor denies involvement as thugs disrupt meeting, beat Ondo APC leaders - February 17, 2026
- Truck crushes 6 to death on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway - February 17, 2026
- Opposition lawmakers walk out as Reps approve electronic, manual transmission of election results - February 17, 2026







