Gunmen suspected to be bandits have attacked a mosque and abducted worshippers at Bushe in Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State.
It was gathered that the bandits abducted no fewer than 10 worshippers, including the Imam, during the attack on Thursday, February 6, 2025.
Eyewitnesses disclosed that the bandits invaded the mosque while worshippers were performing their early morning Subhi prayer on Thursday.
Residents said the assailants had been molesting the residents of the community, even with the presence of security agents.
Bandits kidnap ex-NYSC DG in Katsina
They noted that the timely intervention of the security agents led by the troops of Nigerian Army was able to curtail the activities of the gunmen.
The Sokoto State Police Public Relations Officer, Ahmed Rufai, confirmed the attack on Friday.
Rufai said police authorities were working with other security agencies to rescue the abducted victims.
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force have arrested a mortician after uncovering an unlicensed mortuary…
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc has unveiled a new diaspora banking and investment platform…
The Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) has asked Nasir El-Rufai, former governor of…
Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara State has come under heavy criticism after a viral video…
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has condemned Nigeria’s electricity privatisation, describing the exercise as a…
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has denied any involvement in banditry,…
This website uses cookies.