The Supreme Court has dismissed the appeal filed by the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) against the victory of President Bola Tinubu in the 2023 presidential election.
The appeal was dismissed by the Supreme Court on Monday, October 23, 2023, after the APM counsel, Chukwuma Umeh, applied to withdraw the suit.
Umeh had earlier told the court that the party’s appeal was not premised on double nomination, saying Vice President Kashim Shettima was illegally nominated by Tinubu.
READ ALSO: Supreme Court reserves judgement in Atiku’s appeal against Tinubu
The panel led by Justice John Okoro, however, said: “What will you gain if you win this appeal? There are other appeals that are asking for something substantial.
“There is nothing to gain but to give us work to do. You are not asking us to put your candidate there as president.
“Having been withdrawn, the appeal is hereby struck out.”
The APM had claimed that the placeholder nominated by the president, Ibrahim Masari, was not replaced within the 14 days stipulated by Section 33 of the Electoral Act.
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the signing of a strategic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)…
In a move aimed at strengthening regional food security and trade, BUA Group, AD Ports…
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has announced that Nigeria’s headline inflation rate declined to…
Former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has issued a stern warning to election officials and…
Troops of the Joint Task Force, Operation Whirl Stroke, have arrested suspected cattle rustlers linked…
The United States government has frozen the assets and properties of eight Nigerians accused of…
This website uses cookies.