Two people have died and five were missing in the South Korean county of Gapyeong on Sunday, July 20, 2025, after a landslide engulfed houses and campsites and flooding swept away vehicles amid heavy rainfall.
This brings the nationwide death toll to 17 with 11 people missing since the rain began on Wednesday, forcing more than 13,000 people to evacuate.
A landslide hit a campsite in Gapyeong, leaving a man in his 40s dead, two family members missing and 24 other people stranded, fire authorities said.
Saudi Arabia’s prince Al Saud dies after 20 years in Coma
One person was rescued near the campsite by a zip-line across a raging river, according to footage released by fire officials. In another video, a helicopter is seen airlifting a person to safety.
South Korean President Lee Jae Myung ordered a swift assessment of the damage and the prompt designation of special disaster zones to increase state support, Reuters reported.
The rainfall is likely to stop on Sunday and be followed by a heat wave, the government weather forecaster said on Sunday.
The heavy rainfall, which had earlier lashed southern parts of South Korea, moved north overnight, it said.
Troops of the Nigerian Army under the 6 Brigade/Sector 3 of Operation Whirl Stroke have…
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Joshua Ishaku of the All Progressive Congress…
The Independent National Electoral Commission has confirmed it will issue a revised timetable for the…
Candidates of the All Progressives Congress have won the House of Assembly by-elections held in…
Major opposition parties — the African Democratic Congress, New Nigeria Peoples Party and Peoples Democratic…
Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana and Burnley midfielder Hannibal Mejbri said they were racially abused on…
This website uses cookies.