Education

FG releases funds for payment of NASU’s withheld salary

The Federal Government has released funds for the payment of withheld salary of the Non-Academic Staff Union of Federal Universities (NASU).

The Director of Press and Public Relations, Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF), Bawa Mokwa, made this known in a statement on Saturday, November 2, 2024.

Mokwa said the federal government also released funds for the payment of benefits to retirees under the Nigerian Union of Pensioners Contributory Pension Scheme Sector (NUPCPS).

He disclosed that payments to NASU had commenced, adding that many members had confirmed receipt.

NASU, SSANU declare nationwide strike over withheld salaries

He reiterated the federal government’s commitment to efficiently cater for the well-being of Nigerian workers and retirees.

NASU and the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) commenced a nationwide strike on Monday, October 28.

The SSANU President, Mohammed Ibrahim, said the strike would continue for the next seven days until the government addressed the grievances raised by the unions.

The unions had earlier issued a seven-day ultimatum, urging the federal government to rectify the disparities in the payments among universities’ unions.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Shell urges contractors to strengthen safety standards in Nigeria

Shell has called on its contracting partners to sustain high safety standards across their operations…

4 hours ago

EFCC arraigns two over supply of bank access credentials

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned two men before the Federal High Court…

4 hours ago

Davido speaks on attack on Adeleke’s convoy in Osun

Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has dismissed reports linking Governor Ademola Adeleke’s…

4 hours ago

Bayelsa Assembly suspends Sagbama council chair, deputy

The Bayelsa State House of Assembly has suspended the Chairperson of Sagbama Local Government Area,…

5 hours ago

Tinubu orders five-year national security threat assessment, defence plan

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National Threat Assessment and…

5 hours ago

Plateau attack: Army chief moves tactical HQ to Mangu

The General Officer Commanding, 3 Division Nigerian Army and Commander of Operation Enduring Peace, Major…

5 hours ago

This website uses cookies.