Crimes

Man kills neighbour, son over sanitation dispute in Lagos

The operatives of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a man (name withheld) for allegedly killing his neighbour and her son over an environmental sanitation dispute in the Lekki area of the state.

The command’s spokesman, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, made this known in Lagos on Monday, September 16, 2024.

Hundeyin said the incident occurred at about 10:50 p.m. on Sunday, September 15, adding that an investigation was ongoing to ascertain what the suspect used to perpetrate the crime.

He disclosed that information was received at the Elemoro Police Division on Sunday that the suspect allegedly killed one Gloria, who was his neighbour, and her son over an argument about cleaning the environment.

54-year-old man commits suicide in Lagos

The police spokesperson said the suspect put the victims’ lifeless bodies in a big sack to dispose the bodies after killing them over the sanitation dispute.

Hundeyin stated that luck was against the suspect when other neighbours informed the police at Elemoro division of the incident.

“Immediately detectives of the division rushed to the scene, arrested the suspect, and recovered the bodies,” Hundeyin said.

He noted that the bodies had been deposited at the Epe General Hospital mortuary for autopsy and preservation.

Hundeyin added that an investigation into the incident was ongoing.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Shell urges contractors to strengthen safety standards in Nigeria

Shell has called on its contracting partners to sustain high safety standards across their operations…

8 hours ago

EFCC arraigns two over supply of bank access credentials

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned two men before the Federal High Court…

8 hours ago

Davido speaks on attack on Adeleke’s convoy in Osun

Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has dismissed reports linking Governor Ademola Adeleke’s…

8 hours ago

Bayelsa Assembly suspends Sagbama council chair, deputy

The Bayelsa State House of Assembly has suspended the Chairperson of Sagbama Local Government Area,…

9 hours ago

Tinubu orders five-year national security threat assessment, defence plan

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National Threat Assessment and…

9 hours ago

Plateau attack: Army chief moves tactical HQ to Mangu

The General Officer Commanding, 3 Division Nigerian Army and Commander of Operation Enduring Peace, Major…

9 hours ago

This website uses cookies.