Categories: CrimesNews

TikToker leaves hospital as police continue probe

The Ogun State Police Command has confirmed that Mirabel, the TikTok user whose sexual assault allegation triggered widespread reactions online, has been discharged from hospital and is currently assisting investigators.

The command’s spokesperson, Oluseyi Babaseyi, disclosed this during an interview with News Central Television on Friday, outlining events after the content creator presented herself at the police station.

According to Babaseyi, officers initially found Mirabel unable to give a clear account of the incident_attach, prompting the Divisional Police Officer to prioritise her medical care and take her to a state hospital, where she was admitted for treatment.

Police said their response was guided by the seriousness of the claims made in Mirabel’s viral social media posts, noting that she was treated as a presumed victim and given access to communication and medical support.

The spokesperson emphasised that Mirabel was never arrested, stressing that her welfare remained the command’s primary concern throughout the process.

Babaseyi said Mirabel has since been discharged from the hospital and is now working with investigators to determine the facts surrounding the allegation and reach a conclusive outcome.

The controversy began after the TikTok user posted a distressing video alleging she was attacked and sexually assaulted in her apartment by an unidentified individual, who she said later sent threatening messages. She also claimed the trauma led to a suicide attempt.

The video sparked outrage online, with many demanding swift action from authorities.

Initial reactions suggested the incident occurred in Lagos, but preliminary findings later indicated it took place in Ogijo, Ogun State, shifting jurisdiction to the Ogun police.

Rumours subsequently circulated that Mirabel had been arrested for allegedly fabricating the claim, but the police dismissed the reports, reiterating that she voluntarily reported the matter and was taken for medical evaluation due to her condition.

Authorities said the investigation is ongoing and urged the public to rely on verified information while avoiding the spread of unconfirmed claims.

LUKMAN ABDULMALIK

Recent Posts

Kogi schools reopen Monday after security shutdown

The Kogi State Ministry of Education has announced that schools across the state will resume…

2 hours ago

Nigeria, Pakistan move to strengthen military cooperation against security threats

The Nigerian Army has reaffirmed its commitment to deepening military cooperation with Pakistan as both…

2 hours ago

Tinubu urges orderly conduct ahead of FCT, Rivers, Kano elections

President Bola Tinubu has called on voters, security agencies and electoral officials to maintain order…

3 hours ago

Troops kill four terrorists in Borno

Troops of the 202 Battalion under Operation Hadin Kai have neutralised four suspected terrorists during…

3 hours ago

PSC promotes Fayoade to DIG of police

The Police Service Commission has approved the promotion of Assistant Inspector General of Police, Fayoade…

5 hours ago

INEC affirms neutrality, warns against vote buying in FCT election

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has reiterated that it does not have a political…

6 hours ago

This website uses cookies.