Categories: News

Wike: Tinubu’s support behind my administration’s timely project delivery

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has described President Bola Tinubu’s support and commitment to timely project delivery as responsible for the infrastructural development being recorded in Abuja.

Wike said this after inspecting ongoing projects across the FCT on Wednesday, March 25, 2026.

The minister stated that Tinubu closely monitored project implementation due to his commitment to the wellbeing of FCT residents and quality service delivery.

He said: “Mr President is not just giving us support, but making sure that the jobs are done on time and expected quality. When the head gives you support, you have no reason for failure.

“So I think our commitment or momentum is because we have a president who believes in providing basic infrastructure. Without his support, it would have been difficult to achieve this pace of development.”

Wike explained that routine inspections allowed the government to monitor contractors’ progress in terms of speed and quality, ensuring that projects met standards and were delivered on schedule.

At Arterial Road S1, from Ring Road II to the FCT Fire Service Station in Kaura District, Wike commended the pace and quality of work, expressing optimism the project would be completed and handed over within the next five months.

The minister also inspected the extension of Obafemi Awolowo Way (N5) linking Gwarimpa, Life Camp, and Dape District with Karmo, which he said was 100 per cent complete and ready for inauguration to mark Tinubu’s third year in office.

APC adopts consensus for 2026 convention leadership picks

At the Nigerian Law School in Bwari, Wike inspected the construction of 10 bungalow housing units for teachers and staff, confirming that they had been completed, furnished, and ready for occupation.

He also visited the construction of two hostels for students, one male and one female, expressing satisfaction with the female hostel, which was expected to be completed by November.

The minister said: “I think the contractor for the female hostel is doing well, and we need to encourage him to continue the pace.

“Again, we are here, which is the male hostel. I am not impressed with the job. It looks like a quality job, but I am not impressed with the level of work done so far.

“I thought the male hostel would be at the same level as the female hostel because they were awarded and mobilised simultaneously. Notwithstanding, the contractor has assured delivery by October or November.”

Wike also mentioned the award of a contract for the construction of auditorium at the school, saying the contractor will soon commence work.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

KASU: ASUU commends Kaduna govt over tuition, salary reforms

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Kaduna State University (KASU) chapter, has commended the…

13 minutes ago

FG rejects calls to disclose spending details of $5bn Abu Dhabi facility

The Federal Government has dismissed calls for detailed disclosure of how funds obtained under its…

29 minutes ago

‘We can trek at 3am’: ASUU begs Kaduna govt, declares readiness for negotiation

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) at Kaduna State University (KASU) has appealed to…

53 minutes ago

Varsity lecturers gives Kaduna govt deadline to avert strike

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Kaduna State University chapter, has warned that the…

57 minutes ago

Tinubu will fall before 4pm if poll is free — PRP chair

The National Chairman of the Peoples Redemption Party, Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, has expressed confidence that…

2 hours ago

Tottenham move for Savinho, Marmoush as Watkins set for Saudi transfer

Tottenham are in talks with Manchester City over a potential double deal for Savinho and…

2 hours ago

This website uses cookies.