Entertainment

Iyabo Ojo: How I was raped 5 times

Popular Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo, says she had been raped five times.

Ojo disclosed this during a conversation with fellow actress, Biola Bayo, on the talk show Talk to B, aired on Friday, January 3, 2024.

The actress condemned the prevalence of rape apologists and vowed to hold anyone accountable for such actions, regardless of their relationship to her.

She said: “I was raped five times in my life. I discovered we have a lot of rape apologists.

“I don’t care who the person is; if that person is my son, I am going to come for him unapologetically.”

Ojo also opened up about her family struggles, recounting how her father disowned her when she decided to marry her late husband against his wishes.

Actress Iyabo Ojo slams Lagos govt over N18.6m tax

“The only time I lacked was when I insisted this was the man I was going to get married to because, at that time, my dad and I disowned each other,” Ojo stated.

The actress further described the challenges her father faced with substance abuse, which ultimately led to his death at the age of 40 years.

“My dad did everything, alcohol and drugs, so it messed him up at a young age. He died at 40,” she added.

Reflecting on her upbringing, Ojo disclosed that she was raised by her grandmother and only met her mother when she was about seven years old.

“I grew up with my grandmother, who is half Delta and half Igbo. I think I was seven before I knew my mother,” the actress said.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

DSS re-arraigns El-Rufai over alleged phone tapping case

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, was on Monday re-arraigned at the Federal High Court…

12 minutes ago

IEDs planted by bandits kill security operatives on rescue mission in Oyo

Security operatives involved in the rescue of abducted teachers and pupils of schools in Ahoro-Esinele,…

27 minutes ago

Oyo abduction: Teacher killed in captivity as security operatives arrest 6 suspects

Gunmen have killed one of the teachers abducted during an attack on Ahoro-Esinele Community in…

51 minutes ago

Court grants El-Rufai N100m bail

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir…

2 hours ago

Real Madrid set to appoint Jose Mourinho as manager

Real Madrid have concluded plans to appoint Jose Mourinho as the new manager of the…

2 hours ago

US, Nigerian airstrikes kill over 20 ISIS fighters in Borno enclave

More than 20 suspected ISIS/ISWAP fighters have been killed in coordinated airstrike operations carried out…

3 hours ago

This website uses cookies.