Abductors of the seven farmers in Itaogbolu, Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, have reduced the ransom from N100 million to N20 million.
The farmers were working on their farmland on Saturday, July 26, 2025, when gunmen suspected to be kidnappers launched an attack and whisked them away.
The kidnappers on Sunday reached out to the families of the victims, demanding a ransom of N100 million for the release of their captives.
However, a relative of one of the abductees, who preferred anonymity, on Wednesday, disclosed that the ransom had been reduced by the kidnappers after several appeals.
3 Amotekun officers injured in gun duel with kidnappers in Ondo
He said: “The kidnappers have reduced the ransom from N100 million to N20 million. They contacted one of the family members and reduced the ransom to N20 million.
“They threatened to kill one of the victims if we fail to raise the money on time.
“So far, the victims’ families have raised N5 million, but negotiation is still going on.”
Speaking on the incident, the Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Olayinka Ayanlade, said efforts were ongoing to rescue the abducted farmers.
“None of the victims has been rescued. Our men are still working with other security agencies in the state to ensure they are rescued unhurt,” Ayanlade told NAN.
Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have uncovered multiple drug trafficking operations across…
The Senate of the University of Abuja has approved the expulsion of 28 students over…
Troops of the Nigerian Army under the 6 Brigade/Sector 3 of Operation Whirl Stroke have…
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Joshua Ishaku of the All Progressive Congress…
The Independent National Electoral Commission has confirmed it will issue a revised timetable for the…
Candidates of the All Progressives Congress have won the House of Assembly by-elections held in…
This website uses cookies.