The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested two robbery suspects and rejected an N800,000 bribe allegedly offered to derail the investigation.
Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Timfon John, disclosed this in a statement issued in Uyo on Friday.
According to the statement, one of the suspects, a 53-year-old man, was arrested after a Samsung phone stolen at gunpoint was traced to him. The suspect is said to have a history of similar offences and had previously been charged to court for armed robbery in 2024.
The second suspect was apprehended after allegedly offering N800,000 to the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Unit in an attempt to secure the release of the main suspect and cover up the crime.
John said the officer in charge of SWAT, CSP Ebong Thompson, rejected the bribe, which was offered on Wednesday, July 30.
“In recognition of their integrity and professionalism, all officers involved in the investigation received commendation letters from the Commissioner of Police, CP Baba Azare,” she added.
The command also warned members of the public against attempting to influence or obstruct police investigations, emphasizing its zero-tolerance stance on corruption.
The Department of State Services (DSS) has accused the family of former Kaduna State Governor…
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has lashed out at the President Bola Tinubu administration over…
The Trade Union Congress (TUC) has expelled 11 members and suspended 14 others over alleged…
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) has obtained Certificates of Occupancy (C of O) for sites…
Nigerian crude oil prices are climbing towards $120 per barrel as tensions between the United…
Oil prices fell 2% on Tuesday, May 19, 2026, after United States President Donald Trump…
This website uses cookies.