Three persons were injured on Wednesday after a section of the Zaria Central Mosque, currently undergoing reconstruction, collapsed during casting work in Zaria.
The incident occurred when part of the second-floor decking near the southern minaret suddenly gave way while construction workers were carrying out casting on the structure.
Eyewitnesses said the injured, believed to be workers at the site, were immediately rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. No deaths were recorded.
Following the collapse, the construction area was sealed off, with workers seen clearing debris from the affected section.
Efforts to reach the site engineer for comments were unsuccessful, as he was said to have accompanied the injured persons to the hospital.
The spokesman of the Zazzau Emirate Council, Abdullahi Kwarbai, declined to comment on the incident, noting that the reconstruction project had been handed over to a technical committee, which subsequently transferred it to the contractor handling the work.
Aston Villa are Europa League champions after thrashing Freiburg 3-0 in the final in Istanbul…
Governor Siminalayi Fubara of Rivers State has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship…
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has raised alarm over worsening insecurity in the country following…
Tonye Patrick Cole has withdrawn from the Rivers State All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary…
The lawmaker representing Surulere Constituency 1 in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Elliot,…
The Federal Capital Territory Administration has launched a free health insurance and medical outreach programme…
This website uses cookies.