The Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA) has provided an update on the viral video of an alleged sexual assault shared on social media by a young woman identified as Mirabel.
Mirabel had, in a video circulating on X on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, claimed she was sexually assaulted on Sunday by a man who later sent her a message boasting about the act.
The case triggered widespread outrage online, trending under the hashtag #StopRapingWomen on X calling for justice.
However, the DSVA, in a statement shared on X on Wednesday, said it had established communication with a close friend of the survivor, who confirmed that she had been discharged from the hospital.
The agency stated that all relevant information gathered has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities in Ogun State to ensure proper investigation and survivor protection.
‘Burn rapists’: Simi condemns rape after TikTok user reports assault in Lagos
It said: “Following our earlier statement and the widespread public response, we successfully established communication with a close friend of the survivor who confirmed that she had been discharged from the hospital. We sincerely appreciate members of the public who provided helpful information via our direct messages, as well as everyone who tagged the Agency to ensure swift intervention.
“We have since confirmed that the incident occurred in Ogun State and is therefore outside the jurisdiction of the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency. In the spirit of inter agency collaboration and survivor protection, all relevant information at our disposal has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities in Ogun State.
“We understand that the Ogun State Police Command is currently handling the matter, and we trust that the survivor will fully cooperate with the appropriate authorities to enable a thorough investigation and due process.”
- Tinubu signs order for direct remittance of oil, gas revenues to federation account - February 18, 2026
- Tinubu signs Electoral Bill into law - February 18, 2026
- Lagos hands over viral sexual assault case to Ogun govt - February 18, 2026








