The Abuja–Kaduna rail corridor services would resume operations on December 5, the Federal Government announced on Thursday.
The train services had been suspended since the Abuja-Kaduna-bound train was attacked on March 28.
Managing Director of Nigeria Railway Corporation(NRC), Mr. Fidet Okhiria, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday that all was set for resumption of the services.
Okhiria, however, advised passengers wishing to utilise the service to commence updating of their mobile app as from December 3, to enable them to successfully book for the ride.
According to the NRC boss, the services will commence with two train rides from Abuja- Kaduna and vice versa.
“AK 1 will depart Idu station at 9:45hrs and arrive Rigasa Station at 11:53hrs.
“KA 2 will depart Rigasa at 8:00hrs and arrive Idu station at 10:17hrs.
“AK 3 will depart Idu Station at 15:30hrs and arrive Rigasa Station at 17:38hrs.
“And KA 4 will depart Rigasa at 14:00hrs and arrive Idu Station at 16:07hrs.,” he said.
The NRC boss assured its esteemed passengers of the Federal Government commitment to ensure safety of lives and properties on board its train at all times.
Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, during the test-run of the train on Sunday directed that Nigerians without a NIN would not be allowed to board the train.
READ ALSO: N260m fraud: Court jails ex-Vice Chancellor for 35 years
The minister said the security measures to be put in place before the commencement of services was 90 per cent completed.
“I think we are 90 per cent ready as far as what we are set to do is concerned. The remaining 10 per cent I am sure would be achieved in the next couple of days for full resumption of train services.
“Your purchase of a ticket requires you to provide a phone number and a national identification number in order to profile, because that is the beginning of the security checks.
“So, at any point in time when a train moves from one station to another we know who and who are on board.
“If you don’t have a NIN you are not going to board our train. It is as simple as that.
“If you are a minor, an adult will pay for you and will register for you and an adult can only register for not more than four minors,” Sambo said.
The final seven places in the 2026/27 UEFA Champions League league phase will be decided…
The Council of Legal Education (CLE) has released the list of 122 universities approved to…
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Kaduna State University (KASU) chapter, has raised concern…
The newly elected Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Yekini Idiaye, has accused…
The Kano State Government has launched an initiative to plant 800 trees at the Aminu…
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has ordered the entire technical crew of the Super Falcons…
This website uses cookies.