Categories: EntertainmentPolitics

‘Tinubu doesn’t trust me’: Cubana Chief Priest speaks on APC Reps ticket loss

Nigerian socialite Pascal Okechukwu, fondly called Cubana Chief Priest, says President Bola Tinubu does not fully trust him because of his previous support for the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, during the 2023 presidential election.

The celebrity barman said this while speaking during a live Twitch session with streamer Peller.

His comments came days after he failed to secure the APC ticket for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East federal constituency seat in Imo State ahead of the 2027 general election.

Although Cubana Chief Priest had earlier announced his withdrawal from the race before voting commenced, he later said distrust from the presidency may have influenced his political setback.

Cubana Chief Priest said his past relationship with Obi may have created doubts within the ruling party.

“As I am now, Tinubu does not really trust me because I am an Igbo man that I am. He is looking at me with one eye that ‘this one that I once worked for Peter Obi’. I worked for Obi during the last election,” he said.

Cubana Chief Priest added that after assessing the political situation, he decided not to repeat what he described as past mistakes.

“I checked it, and I do not want to lose again. Because they say the first fool is not a fool, it is only on the second time you become a proper fool,” he added.

Gowon details last-minute move to save Ironsi in 1966

Cubana Chief Priest further disclosed that APC leaders advised him to withdraw from the contest because the zoning arrangement for the constituency did not favour his local government area and that “it wasn’t yet my time.”

The businessman also expressed doubts about Obi’s chances in the 2027 presidential election, arguing that other contenders appeared better prepared for the race.

The socialite added: “Peter Obi cannot win. I do not see him ready. The people who are more ready will win.

“This is strategy and a game plan. I have calculated that I do not want to fumble again.”

In February, the socialite was appointed director of the City Boy Movement in Imo State, a political support group aligned with Tinubu.

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

60-year-old man shot dead after hoodlums clashed with Davido’s security team in Osun

The Osun State Police Command has confirmed the killing of a 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf,…

16 minutes ago

Apapa Customs generates N28.1bn revenue in one day

The Apapa Area Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has generated N28.1 billion in…

49 minutes ago

NGX investors lose N556bn as market cap slips to N155trn

The Nigerian stock market closed bearish on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, recording a loss of…

57 minutes ago

Naira depreciates against dollar at official market

The naira depreciated at the official market on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, trading at N1,350.41…

1 hour ago

FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide

The Federal Executive Council has approved an amendment to the National Mental Health Act to…

1 hour ago

EFCC charges FCMB official, accomplice over $25,000 credential deal

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has filed an eight-count charge against an FCMB staff…

1 hour ago

This website uses cookies.