Governor Uba Sani has approved the appointment of Alhaji Suleiman Sa’ad Abubakar as the new Emir of Kagarko in Kaduna State.
The appointment was announced on Monday in a statement issued by the Commissioner for Local Government, Alhaji Sadiq Mamman Lagos, who said the decision takes immediate effect.
According to the statement, Abubakar, who previously held the title of San Turakin Kagarko, emerged after a rigorous selection process conducted by kingmakers of the Kagarko Emirate Council.
The commissioner explained that several contenders were screened before Abubakar was selected as the new traditional ruler.
His appointment follows the death of the former 2nd Class Emir of Kagarko, Sa’ad Abubakar, who passed away on January 8, 2026, after six years on the throne.
The state government said Governor Uba Sani has congratulated the new Emir and charged him to promote peace, unity, and harmony within the emirate.
The statement added that arrangements for the formal installation and presentation of the staff of office will be announced in due course.
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has ordered a full investigation into…
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has overturned the earlier outcome of its Pankshin/Kanke/Kanam (PKK) House…
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has raised concerns over the alleged exploitation of beggars…
The Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ola Olukoyede, has called…
Governor Uba Sani has described the judiciary as a fundamental pillar of modern society, saying…
The Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, to…
This website uses cookies.